Mol Evol papers encouraged in JEZ-B:MolDevEvol

Gunter P.Wagner gunter.wagner at yale.edu
Wed Jan 28 17:13:59 EST 2004

INCREASED EMPHASIS ON THE MOLECULAR EVOLUTION IN THE JOURNAL

JEZ-Part B: Molecular and Developmental Evolution

While maintaining its commitment to publishing papers from all
disciplines contributing to Developmental Evolution, four recent
appointments to the editorial board signal an increased emphasis on
molecular evolution of developmental genes and molecular phylogenetics.
The new appointees are:

Toby Kellog (Missouri State University)
Sudhir Kumar (Arizona State University)
Mark Martindale (University of Hawaii)
Michael Purrugganan (University of North Carolina)

All have a strong track record in molecular evolution of developmental
genes and will foster submissions in this area.

MDE is an independent part of the Journal of Experimental Zoology,
called

Journal of Experimental Zoology Part B: Molecular and Developmental
Evolution,

and is published in six issues per year by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Currently, the average time to decision is 1.8 months and the time to
publication is 3.6 months. Online publication precedes the print
edition. MDE is indexed in all major databases independently of the
JEZ-Part A.

In addition to speedy publication, we offer our authors one free color
page per article.

Please visit our web page at
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/journal/mde for further information.

Online manuscript submission is available at:

http://jez-wiley.manuscriptcentral.com/