synonymous vs. nonsynonymous segregating sites

Henry Harpending harpend at xmission.com
Sun Jan 18 20:04:48 EST 2004

Can someone point me to any recent review or discussion
of inference from the frequency spectrum of synonymous versus non-
synonymous segregating sites in a collection of DNA sequences from the same
species?

I am looking at a big collection of BRCA1 sequences, coding stuff only, and
there 146 synonymous segregating sites and 839 non-synonymous, which seems
pretty strange to me.  Too many non-syn mutations?

Thanks, Henry Harpending
---