Another one regarding bootstrap! + Journals

Luis luismms at mail.telepac.pt
Sun Nov 14 11:50:41 EST 1999

1)This is a complicated question:
I have 4 sequences 200a.a. long with the next phylogenetic relation:

             *------D

       *-----3
       |     |
 *-----2     *------C
 |     |
-1     *-----B

 *-----A
All nodes give good bootstrap results (>95%)

Considering only a region 100a.a. I can have one extra sequence (E), and
the topology is:

             *------D

       *-----3
       |     |
 *-----2     *------C
 |     |
-1     |     *------B
 |     |     |
 |     *-----4
 |           |
 |           *------E
 *-----A

In this case the bootstrap value for node 2 goes down to 65%, while node
4 gets a value of 100%.

My question is if I can consider the bootstrap value for node 2
from topology 1 while considering the larger topology 2?

2)Can anyone tell me a journal where I could publish a article regarding
the finding of a gene duplication based only on database searching and
sequence analysis?

Sorry to bother everyone again and to disturb such a calm newsgroup!

Luis Soares