Hardware and software requirements

Mary K. Kuhner mkkuhner at kingman.genetics.washington.edu
Fri Nov 12 15:29:17 EST 1999

We are currently in the midst of a major revision of our
LAMARC package for estimating population parameters.  I'd
be interested in feedback on what systems (Windows (which?),
Mac, Unix) people are using to run computationally intensive
biology software.  I'd also like to know whether tools written
in Perl, c shell scripts, and/or Java would be useful to the
majority of users.

Please email me and I'll summarize to the group.

Mary Kuhner mkkuhner at genetics.washington.edu