mitochondrial rRNA

Genetic Engineering Laboratory genelab at ukrpack.net
Mon Feb 1 11:37:27 EST 1999

Hi, anyone!
Who is the expert in organelle ribosomal stucture/function,
please, answer my questions and/or give me the references:

1) Is there GTF-ase centre (aÓtivity) on mitochondrial ribosome
(especial on   kinetoplast ribosome)?
2) Do contain L11, L10 and L12 proteins in mitochondrial
(kinetoplastida) ribosome ?
3) Are there some correlations between LSU size and the set of
ribosomal proteins for
 mitochondrial( kinetoplastida) ribosome large subunit?
4) Can the hypotheses of common progenitor of mitochondria and
paralogous
host-simbiont development explain such high difference between
mitochondrial and kinetoplastida LSU?

Many thanks in advance

Igor Shklyarsky                         tel.  +38 044 227 8877
Genetic Engineering Lab			fax. +38 044 252 1786
Institute of Cell Biology and		e-mail: genelab at ukrpack.net
Genetic Engineering
Natl Acad Sci of Ukraine
Zabolotnogo street, 148