Non-coding regions of vertebrate mRNA

Louis van de Zande L.P.W.G.M.van.de.Zande at biol.rug.nl
Thu Sep 12 03:46:20 EST 1996

> George Gutman wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone point me to any recent surveys of vertebrate
> > and/or mammalian 5'
> > and 3' NCRs, showing their size distributions?

In my recollection it was Marilyn Kozak who did a lot of research on
translation of mRNA (especially the AUG starts). I reckon that if you
start with one of her papers, you'll be soon on the right track.

try:
PNAS 92, 1995, 2662-2666
PNAS 92, 1995, 7134 (a correction)
Biochimie 76, 1994, 81-821 (ISSN 0300-9084)
Ann rev cell biol. 8, 1992, 197-226 (not recent but alas)

Lots of success
Louis van de Zande