Evolution of Superoxide Dismutase?

David A. Kirby dkirby at csc.umd.edu
Wed May 8 11:07:34 EST 1996

Try the following paper:

HUDSON, R. R., K. BAILEY, D. SKARECKY, J. KWIATOWSKI and F. J. AYALA, 1994
Evidence for positive selection in the Superoxide Dismutase (Sod) region of
Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics 136: 1329-1340.

Michael R. King (king1 at students.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: Does anyone please have any citations that may elude to the possible
: evolution of superoxide dismutase?  The only papers I have come across were
: discussing the use of SOD as molecular clocks but these don't suit my
: purposes. I would appreciate any information.

: Kind regards,

: Michael R. King
: king1 at students.uiuc.edu

David Kirby