Founder-effect + Population Genetics Group

Axayacatl Rocha arocha at UCSD.EDU
Thu Feb 1 17:18:48 EST 1996

Petur, I ran into your message in the usenet group and I'm very puzzled by
the info in your signature. Are you studying _Sebastus_ (?) or _Sebastes_
(redfish & rockfish) genetics? If it's the latter I'd be very interested in
knowing more about it. I'm a grad student at SIO and I'm working on the
subgenus _Sebastomus_ aka "rosy rockfish group"(phylo and pop genetics). Re:
your original posting (founder effect) you might try to go to the source
(Ernst Mayr: Populations, Species and Evolution. HUP) or take a stab at one
of the many Genetic textbooks, there's a clear treatment in Ayala & Kiger's
"Modern Genetics":791. Good luck! Axa

>Petur Henry Petersen
>Marine Research Institute of Iceland
>Population Genetics Group
>Sebastus-Genetics
>php at rhi.hi.is,php at iti.hi.is,php at lif.hi.is
>	" Only fools quote themselves" php 95

| Axayacatl Rocha-Olivares                      Phone: (619) 546-7104 |
| University of California, San Diego           Fax  : (619) 546-5656 |
| Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 0208                           |
| 9500 Gilman Drive                                                   |
| La Jolla, CA 92093-0208                   internet: arocha at ucsd.edu |