Masked fonts for alignments

Quinn the Eskimo quinnt at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 22 02:46:34 EST 1995

In article <48q9tqINNhqu at shaman.nexagen.com>, paquette at shaman.nexagen.com
(Tom Paquette) wrote:

> Does any one have masked true type or other Win3.1/95/NT compatible fonts
> for presenting multiple alignments of protein sequences with say open
> boxes and two levels of grey shading?

I am in the process of building a multicolored font for amino acid
alignments on Macs.  It is based on the "Blue is for Basic" system that is
used in Don Gilbert's SeqApp and SeqPup programs.  I'm just doing it in my
off hours at home so I should be done with a test version in a week or
three (yeah, sure ;-)  .  My question for you is, are "true type" fonts
transportable from Macs to PCs ?  Also, the system I'm building is based
on several several different colors - would this still work on a PC.

            -John