Genstat

Roy Goodacre rrg at aber.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 10:10:15 EST 1995

In article <3rpndg$c1l at is.bbsrc.ac.uk> Mathew Woodwark <mathew.woodwark at bbsrc.ac.uk> writes:

>There is a program called GenStat distributed by the statistics department
>at Rothamsted Experimental Sation in the UK. The name stands for General
>Statistics,
>(this caught me out a few years ago, as I thought it would be to do with
>genetics).
>I don't know if this is the program you are looking for, but if so, you can
>contact
>the authors at:
>Statistics Department
>Rothamsted Experimental Station
>Harpenden
>Hertfordshire, U.K.
>I hope this helps...

It is worth pointing out that Genstat which I use to analyse pyrolysis mass
spectral data is *not* very user friendly since it is an old program that has
been moved from mainframe to the PC with a lot of problems.  What do you want
to do with the program??  If I could use another program I would (this is
shortly going to happen 8-)) you may be better off with SAS (another one that
has moved to the PC but at least runs under windows) or Scan (a Minitab
program).

Roy.