DNA vs amino acid sequences

Venkatesh Byrappa mcbbv at leonis.nus.sg
Mon Jun 12 00:02:55 EST 1995

Dear netters,
 I am now in the process of generating a phylogenetic tree of actin
sequences from some lower
vertebrates.  I am wondering which sequence I should use - DNA or amino
acid? Which is more appropriate for a highly conserved protein like the
actins?
 Can someone lead me to recent publications that compare the
pros and cons
of using DNA vis-a-vis amino acid sequences for generating phylogenetic
trees?

Thanks

Venkatesh