evolution of land organisms from water organisims

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Thu Sep 22 22:47:54 EST 1994

In article <kathes.1130610920A at usenet.rpi.edu> kathes at rpi.edu (Scott Kathe) writes:
>The most recent issue of National Wildlife has a very basic article on
>mudskippers.  It may serve as good introductory material.  I realize that

HOLD IT!!!!
Since when is "organisms" synonymous with "vertebrates"??????
Phylogeny suggests that, for example, oligochates have moved to and from
 terrestrial habitats a multitude of times.  Leeches a couple of times
too.  Undoubtedly arthropods as well.  Let's not forget bacteria and
a butt-load of protists!!!

Geeze how I dislike vertebro-centrism!

Mark

Gloucester Point, VA, 23062