Hennig XII - (relevant) Proceedings.

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Mon Sep 19 18:17:00 EST 1994

After suggesting that I might post something from the Int'l Willi
Hennig Society Meetings held in Copenhagen I receive many requests
that I do so.
Here it is.  It is truncated to include those papers from those sessions
that I thought were relevant to this group:

XIIIth Meeting of the Willi Hennig Society
Biodiversity and Phylogeny
Copenhagen, Denmark
23-26 August, 1994

SESSION I.  The History of Cladistics-Science as an
International Process

N. Kristensen - "The spread of cladistics - and the role of
Scandanavia in the process" Zool. Mus. Univ. Copenhagen,
Copenhagen.

J. S. Farris - "Cladistics and Aspects of American Science
Policy"  MSL., Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm.

R. Willman  - "Phylogenetics in the prophet's own country."
II. Zool. Inst. Univ. Gottingen, Germany.

D. Goujet and P. E. Tassy - "The dawn of cladistics in
France"  Mus. Nat. d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris.

D. de Souza Amorim and N. Papavero - "Development of
phylogenetic systematics in latin America" Dept. de Biol.
FFCLRP, Univ. de Sao Paulo.

D. Huang - "Cladistics in China"  Inst. Zool., Chinese Acad.
Sci., Beijing.

SESSION II. Phylogeny of the Invertebrates.

F. R. Schram and A. Minelli - "Metazoan phylogeny: past and
future." Inst. Syst. Pop. Biol., Amsterdam.

D. J. Eernisse - "Analyses of complete 18S rRNA sequences
and morphology support Eutrochozoa." Lab. Molec. Syst.,
Smithsonian Inst., Washington, DC.

D. Lipscomb - "The phylogeny of the ciliated protozoa: do
morphological and molecular data agree?" Dept. Biol. Sci.,
George Washington Univ., Washington, DC).

J. M. Carpenter and P. A. Goloboff - "Statistical tests for
tree topology and the phylogenetic placement of Onychophora"
Dept. Entomol., Amer. Mus. Nat. Hist., New York.

SESSION III.  Molecular and morphological systematics -
Total evidence in phylogenetic reconstruction?

A. Kluge - "Total evidence and taxonomic congruence" Mus.
Zool., Univ. Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.

R.D.M. Page - "Congruence: from characters to lineages"
Dept. Zool., Univ. Oxford, Oxford, UK.

D. Potter, G. W. Saunders and R.A. Andersen "Phylogenetic
relationships of chromophyte algae: evidence from 18s rRNA
gene sequences and ultrstructural and biochemical data."
Bigelow Lab for Ocean Sci., West Boothbay Harbour, MN.

J. L. Olsen, W.T. Stam, S. Berger and D. Menzel - "The total
evidence approach in algal phylogenetics below the ordinal
level: is it likely to help? Evolution in the Dasycladales
(Chlorophyta)"  Mar. Biol., Biol. Cent., Univ. Groningen,
Leiden.

B. Bremer - "Morphology, Chloroplast DNA and the coffe
family (Rubiaceae)" Dept. Syst. Bot., Uppsala Univ.

H. P. Linder - "Combining molecular and morphological
evidence: problems with 'higher' taxa"  Dept. Bot., Univ.
Cape Town, Rondebosch.

S. J. Weller and D. P. Pashley - "Origin and phylogeny of
butterflies (Rhopalocera): combining molecular and
morphological evidence" Dept. Ent., Univ. Minnesota, St.
Paul.

C. Asmussen and A. Liston - "Intrageneric phylogeny of
Lathyrus (Fabaceae) interpreted from separate and combined
chloroplast data sets." Dept. Syst. Bot., Biol. Inst. Univ.
Aarhus.

F.A.H. Sperling, J.R. Spence and N.M. Andersen -
"Comparative phylogenies of Limnoporus waterstriders: mtDNA,
allozymes, morphology, and hybrid breakdown" Dept. Biol.,
Univ. Ottawa.

T. Vorre-Gronteved - "Phyletic position and relationships of
dipnoans: a reappraisal based on new molecular studies."
Geol. Inst. Univ. Copenhagen.

SESSION IV. Computer Software Workshop

P.A. Goloboff - "Pee-Wee and Nona."  Inst. Superieur de
Entomol., Inst. Miguel Lillo, Tucuman, Argentina.

W. Wheeler - "Malign" Amer. Mus. Nat. Hist., New York.

C.H. Humphries, R.I. Vane-Wright and P.H. Williams -
"Worldmap" Nat. Hist. Mus., London, UK.

J.S. farris - "Rapid Nucleotide Analysis" MSL, Sewdish Mus.
Nat. Hist., Stockholm.

R.D.M. Page - "Component 2.0" Dept. Zool., Oxford Univ,
Oxford UK.

J. T. Hoeg and P.G. Jensen - "A relational database for
managing taxon-characterstate matrices" Dept. Cell Biol and
Anat., Inst. Zool., Copenhagen.

M.E. Siddall - "Random Cladistics" Virginia Inst. Mar. Sci.,
Gloucester PT., VA.

Your faithful servant...

Mark

Gloucester Point, VA, 23062