contact address for HENNIG86 program

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Sat Sep 17 11:14:04 EST 1994

In article <vuilleumier.15.000C122C at micro.biol.ethz.ch> vuilleumier at micro.biol.ethz.ch (Stephane Vuilleumier) writes:
>Hi netters,
>
>I am trying to contact Dr. J. S. Farris regarding the HENNIG86 program.
>Can someone give me his e-mail address or tell me if the following is still
>up to date?

The address you gave is not up to date.  He is presently at the Naturhistori
Riskmuseet, in the Department of Molecular Evolution in Stockholm
Sweden.
Not worry though, you may get Hennig86 from either Arnold Kluge
Dept. Reptiles and Amphibians, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor,
Michigan, 48109, USA
Or from Diana Lipscomb at George Washington University.
E-mail address of the latter is BIODL at gwuvm.gwu.edu

If you have not used Hennig86 before you may find that it demands more
of your thought processes than PAUP.  This has discouraged many from
using it which is a shame as it runs very fast.
Netters interested in a user-friendly manual on running Hennig86 may
email me a request and I will gladly send it either in raw text or
if a snail-mail address is provided, the formatted document.
Lipscomb also has an excellent manual that is more extensive, you might
ask her about it.

Mark

Gloucester Point, VA, 23062