One More Time - Sex i

Will Steeves goid at io.org
Mon Sep 6 19:54:47 EST 1993

Newsgroups: alt.abortion.inequity,soc.men,soc.women,alt.feminism,misc.legal
Subject: Re: One More Time - Sex is NOT a Crime. Sex is NOT a Crime. Sex is NOT.

thf2 at kimbark.uchicago.edu (Ted Frank) writes...
>In article <1993Aug15.020550.17027 at rotag.mi.org> kevin at rotag.mi.org (Kevin Darc
>) writes:
>>If it's an option that the biological mother freely DECLINES, then why must
>>the biological father pay for her unilateral choice? By what right does she
>>exercise such awesome powers over his financial destiny?

>What right does the father have to exercise such awesome powers over his
>child's financial destiny?

And I ask again - what right does the mother have to exercise such awesome
powers over his financial destiny?  Claiming that "the child's interests
take priority" won't really get you very far, nor *should* it.

>The father owes the child a legal duty.

On what basis?  Tort or contract?  I see neither.

>Once again, you make the mistake that the obligation ensues from the
>pregnancy, rather than from the child-parent relationship.

Oh, but without the pregnancy, there would be *no* parent-child
relationship.

---
Will Steeves, B.Sc. (Toronto, 1991), goid at io.org         "Neil Hull is GOiD"
Internex Online (formerly ZOOiD BBS), Toronto, Ontario   "GOiDS Rule"
(416) 363-3783/3784

"Vidi, Vici, Veni".
    - Will Steeves, President, GOiDS "R" We, Inc.
    (Or, more likely: Cleopatra To Julius Caesar, 'next morning' :-) )

 * SLMR 2.1a * Hey, I don't remember those XXX programs in the holodeck!