origins of nucleic acids

James Kalin CADYODD at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU
Wed May 26 19:05:47 EST 1993

I'M AN UNDERGRAD TAKING A GRADUATE MOLECULAR EVOLUTION CLASS AND I'M
WRITING A REVIEW OF THE MAIN THEORIES REGARDING THE EARLY SYNTHESIS OF
"THE MOLECULES OF LIFE", SPECIFICALLY NUCLEIC ACIDS, SINCE THESE SEEM
TO BE THE MOST DIFFICULT TO "MAKE". THEY MAIN PEOPLE I KNOW ABOUT WHO
HAVE EXPLORED THIS ISSUE ARE CAIRNS-SMITH, ORO, AND MILLER & UREY(?),
THOUGH THE LAST GROUP ONLY FOUND AMINO, NOT NUCLEIC ACIDS. ANY
REFERENCES AND OR SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS, JAMES 'DON'T THROW A COT CURVE' KALIN