Request for Information

HISCOX at IRAD.AFRC.AC.UK HISCOX at IRAD.AFRC.AC.UK
Wed May 26 04:55:00 EST 1993

The following references should provide a starting point. If you are unable to
find these articles let me know and I will send you copies.

Duarte et al 1992, PNAS vol 89: 6015-6019
	Rapid fitness losses in mammalian RNA virus clones due to Muller's
	Ratchet

Steinhauer et al 1992, Gene vol 122: 281-288
	Lack of evidence for proofreading mechanisms associated with an RNA
	virus polymerase

Clarke et al 1993, Journal of Virology vol 67: 222-228
	Genetic bottlenecks and population passages cause profound fitness
	differences in RNA viruses

Duarte et al 1993, Journal of Virology vol 67: 3620-3623
	Many trillion fold amplification of single RNA virus particles fails to
	overcome Muller's ratchet effect

A usefull ftp site might be ftp.bio.indiana.edu. This site certainly contains
programs for molecular biology running on vax or PC.

Any problems please e-mail me: HISCOX at IRAD.AFRC.AC.UK

Julian A Hiscox