Fwd: GFP Fusion Proteins

Sanford Simon simon at mail.rockefeller.edu
Mon Nov 6 10:15:07 EST 2000

Dear Joachim Hogg,

We have expressed a membrane transporter, P-glycoprotein as a fusion
protein to GFP.  The expression of Pgp was quantified (both in fluorescence
microscopy and FACS) and the activity was quantified either by its effect
on fluorescent substrates or by the activity of its substrates.  The
results are in the following article:

Y. Chen and S. M. Simon. In situ biochemical demonstration that
P-glycoprotein is a drug efflux pump with broad specificity. J.Cell Biol.
148 (5):863-870, 2000.

- Sandy Simon