microscopy

Louise Neville louise.neville at MAIL.CHMEDS.AC.NZ
Thu Feb 4 15:43:34 EST 1999

Hi all

I have just found this site and hope someone can help me!  I have grown and
transfected cos-7 cells on coverslips with EGFP variants.  I now want to
fix and mount these onto slides to visualise fluorescence.  The clontech
booklet suggests mounting with PBS and sealing with molten agarose or
rubber cement, I would rather use a mounting agent as the slides seemed to
dry out using agarose.  Does anyone know of an appropriate mounting reagent
which doesn't interfere with GFP fluorescence.  I would really aoppreciate
any suggestions

thanks in advance

Louise Neville