Size of GFP protein?

Peter Corish pcor at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 14:22:43 EST 1997

  Probably something of a trivial question, but is there any discrepancy
in the estimated size of wild type (or even S65T) GFP? It's just that most
papers cite it's *estimated* size at around 28kD, but in the Ormo paper on
GFP structure, mass spec. data gave a figure around 31kD. For what it's
worth, on our SDS-PAGE gels it runs right with the 31kD marker, but I'm
not vouching for the accuracy of that at all!
   What is the generally held view nowadays?
     Thanks for any responses,
     Pete
Peter Corish
CRC Chromosome Molecular Biology Group