Release 47 of the EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database is built and available via
the following EBI network servers:
- anonymous FTP server ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/release
- SRS WWW server http://www.ebi.ac.uk/srs/srsc
- FASTA server, FASTA at ebi.ac.uk or URL:
- email server, NetServ at ebi.ac.uk
Release notes are available in:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/release/relnotes.doc (plain text)
For those who install local copies of the database, note particularly the
1. Database files. There is an additional EST file EST6.DAT; we have
removed the primate division (PRI); we have added a new division HUM for
human sequence data, consisting initially of files HUM1.DAT and HUM2.DAT.
2. A new line-type NI is introduced in all entries.
3. Release 47 is about 16% bigger than release 46 (by nucleotide count)
4. Entries containing the new '2+6' accession number format will appear
very soon now in updates distributed between releases 47 and 48.
5. We will update the contents of the update directory on the EBI anonymous
FTP server ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/new this evening Thursday June
- remove all pre-release 47 update files.
- replace the cumulative.dat.Z file by one containing only post-release
47 data (it will become smaller !).
EMBL - EBI