[Drosophila] Re: homemade / cheap GFP/DsRed detection

Andrew Papp via dros%40net.bio.net (by ap from tritechresearch.com)
Fri Mar 24 05:42:11 EST 2017

Howard, can you be more specific about your assay and your budget? Will
both eGFP and dsRed be in the same animal? Would a set up that shows
eGFP and dsRed simultaneously be okay?  In what tissue(s) of the fly
will you expect to see expression? How bright is the expression you
expect to see? Will this assay be performed in the dark, room light, or
sunlight? How many dissecting scopes do you need to use for this at one
time, and what is your total budget for all of them?

There are different possible light sources and different types
(qualities) of filters, so the info requested will help me (and others)
make useful suggestions.

Best,
Andrew

Andrew Papp, Ph.D.