[Drosophila] Re: Oregon-K

dr. julien colomb via dros%40net.bio.net (by julien.colomb from gmx.de)
Fri Mar 3 04:12:48 EST 2017

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 7:13:08 PM UTC+1, Stewart, Andrew D wrote:
> I have read several developmental Drosophila papers recently that use the stock "Oregon-K". However, I can find *zero* information about this stock. I am familiar with Oregon-R, and were it cited in only a single paper, I would assume it's a typo. However, allegedly the stock is available from a stock-center in India (listed separately from Oregon-R), but I can not find it anywhere else.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this stock? How it it different from Oregon-R? Does anyone in the US have a copy; I would like to use them in an experiment, but want avoid having to deal with the USDA and getting an import permit.
>
> Dr. Andrew D. Stewart
> Department of Biology
> Canisius College
> 2001 Main Street
> Buffalo, NY 14208
>
>  716-888-2532 Office/Lab
>
> andrew.stewart from canisius.edu<mailto:andrew.stewart from canisius.edu>

Dear Andrew,

The flies are not on the drososhare platform at the moment.

If you succeed in obtaining them, you might consider making them available in the US through it: www.drososhare.net.
Best,
julien