Registration is open for the cou= rse "INTRODUCTION TO GEOMETRIC
MORPHOMETRICS- 7th edition".:-)= 60;
INSTRUCTORS: Prof. Chris Klingenberg (University of Manchester= , UK)
and Dr. Jesús Marugán (UAM, Spain).
Dates: June 20-24, 2016.
More information and registratio=
This course is entitled to teach the main concep= ts of shape analysis
based on landmark coordinates and its multi= variate procedures, and
how they can be put
into practice across = any biological discipline in which the
phenotype (form) and its = variation are the principal sources of
<= li>Introduction: Shape, size and biological morphology.
1. Morphometri= c data: Equipment, landmarks, outlines and surfaces.
2. Visualiz= ing shapes and shape changes.
3. Looking at variation: PCA.
4. Di= stinguishing groups: CVA and discriminant analysis.
5. Symmetry and as= ymmetry.
6. Morphometrics in a messy world: outliers and measurement e= rror.
7. Regression and allometry.
8. Covariation between things:= PLS.
9. Morphological integration.
11. Phylog= eny and comparative methods.
12. Putting things together: Combining ana= lyses to solve biological
13. Presentation of group work by = participants.
Please feel free to distribute this information b= etween your
colleagues if you consider it appropriate.
With= best regards
Soledad De Esteban= -Trivigno, PhD.