[Drosophila] Black spots in adult eyes - pathogen?

Isabel Campos via dros%40net.bio.net (by isabel.campos from neuro.fchampalimaud.org)
Tue Sep 9 08:24:32 EST 2014

Dear Fly Researchers,

We are observing the appearance of black spots in the eyes of adult flies
of some of our fly stocks.

These spots look like melanized ommatidia and it seems not associated with
any roughness or major ommatidia malformation.

We have observed this phenotype in more than one genetic background thus
pointing to a pathogenic phenotype rather than a mutation.

Any help in the identification of the problem and ways to solve it would be
hugely appreciated. Pictures can be sent for better illustration.

Sincerely,

Isabel Campos

*--*
*Isabel Campos, Ph.D.*