[Drosophila] Transmission electron microscope Q

sandra schulze via dros%40net.bio.net (by heterochromatic from gmail.com)
Thu Apr 3 20:46:53 EST 2014

Hello people of Flyland!

I am trying to digest an application for a TEM. It involves something
called a LVEM5 (low voltage electron microscope) by Delong instruments. It
looks very cute, almost like you could fit it in your purse, (well my purse
anyway) so I can hardly believe it is a TEM.

Anyone out there a TEM guru, would could give me baby food version of what
I should be looking for?

Here are some specs for this scope:

TEM resolution 2 nm to  1.2 nm (with some kind of "boost" technology)

Magnification range 2,200-230,000× to 1,400-700,000× 200 % (with the
mysterious boost...)

Greatly appreciate input.

Thanks,