[Drosophila] Re: Teaching Drosophila Development Questions

artyw2 from yahoo.com via dros%40net.bio.net (by artyw2 from yahoo.com)
Sat Jul 20 11:02:30 EST 2013

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:15:15 PM UTC-4, Gary Lange wrote:
> Hello:
>

> I know this is more of a research oriented list, as I have lurked here for years, but I am hoping that perhaps you may be able to help me out with a few ideas, links, suggestions etc. for a class I am inheriting this fall.  I am going to get to teaching our Department's Developmental Biology course and I am hoping to have a focus on Drosophila development.  My questions are as follows:

> 4.  Any ideas or suggestions on other aspects of Drosophila development that maybe I am not thinking about?

Perhaps you could do an exercise on salivary gland puffs. For example:
http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~insects/pages/teachingresources/laboratory/roberts/polytene.html