[Drosophila] I never saw this before

Mark Thorson via dros%40net.bio.net (by nospam from sonic.net)
Mon Jul 1 19:06:37 EST 2013

It's plenty hot, with temperatures in the mid-90s
for the last few days during the hottest hours
from about 3 to 5 PM.

I noticed an interesting phenomenon.  Larvae at
all stages were climbing up the sidewalls of my
culture vessels.  After the temperature cooled
down, the larvae returned to the culture medium.

I'm sure they're stressed, but I haven't noticed
any deaths.  It won't be for another week or so
that'll I'll see any impact on yield.