[Drosophila] No. of cells in an adult Drosophila.

linehanp from tcd.ie via dros%40net.bio.net (by linehanp from tcd.ie)
Fri Dec 6 06:58:30 EST 2013

Hi all,

I am doing a project on genome annotations and genomic databases.

I have been trying to find out about the number of cells in an
ordinary Drosophila melanogaster. I have Googled and searched
in texts, but just can't find this "magic" number. I have found
the number of neurons here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_by_number_of_neurons.

I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me the number
of cells in D. melanogaster - with a reference/URL/whatever
please.

TIA and rgs,

Paul...