[Drosophila] Apterous vs. Vestigial Wing

Kevin Cook via dros%40net.bio.net (by kercook from indiana.edu)
Fri Mar 23 14:32:03 EST 2012

I'd agree that apterous cultures are generally less vigorous than
vestigial cultures--at least for the alleles generally used for
demonstration purposes (ap[56f] and vg[1]). I don't know that the
difference in vigor is directly attributable to these mutations (as
opposed to other mutations on the same chromosomes), but it wouldn't
surprise me.

Kevin