Fw: RE: [Drosophila] I need some basic information

mohamad haddadi via dros%40net.bio.net (by hadadimohamad from yahoo.com)
Thu Jun 30 13:42:08 EST 2011

M. Haddadi
Genetics Research Scholar
Department of studies in Zoology
University of Mysore, Mysore-570 006
India

--- On Mon, 6/27/11, Venkateswara Chintapalli <Venkat.Chintapalli from glasgow.ac.uk> wrote:

From: Venkateswara Chintapalli <Venkat.Chintapalli from glasgow.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: [Drosophila] I need some basic information
To: "mohamad haddadi" <hadadimohamad from yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, June 27, 2011, 11:43 AM

[Drosophila] I need some basic information

As far as I know, it is w1118 line which is out crossed with Canton S for several generations. Out crossing is simple; cross for example, w1118 and Canton S and select for white eyes in the F1 progeny. Then back cross the F1 progeny to Canton S and again select for white eyes. Repeat this for several generation (normally 6 generations).