[Drosophila] Confusion about PBac line nomenclature

Schulze, Karen Lynn via dros%40net.bio.net (by kschulze from bcm.edu)
Wed Jun 15 10:40:20 EST 2011

Hi Rohit

That is correct.  PBac{WHr} is the result of the recombination of progenitor PBac{WH} to create the deletion.  See http://flybase.org/reports/FBtp0018842.html

Hence if you follow to the link of the insertion of Pbac{WHr}Exel9033  http://flybase.org/reports/FBti0074040.html

It lists the associated aberration as Df(2L)Exel9033 which is what has been genetically created on the chromosome.

Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: dros-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:dros-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Rohit Joshi
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:03 AM
To: dros from magpie.bio.indiana.edu; dros from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: [Drosophila] Confusion about PBac line nomenclature

Dear All

I have a doubt about the nomenclature of the PBac mediated deletions
which is being followed in bloomington stock centre.

There are stocks in bloomington which have been generated by PBac
mediated mutagenesis like the one below.

7841, w1118; Df(2L)Exel9033, PBac{WHr}Exel9033

I will appreciate if anyone can tell me what does writing
"PBac{WHr}Exel9033" singify here.
Does adding "PBac{WHr}Exel9033" along with Df(2L)Exel9033 merely
represents that the Df(2L)Exel9033 was generated using the PBac
insertion "Exel 9033" line or does it mean something else.

Please let me know
Thanks

Regards
Rohit