[Drosophila] New stocks from the Bloomington Duplication Project

Kevin Cook via dros%40net.bio.net (by kercook from indiana.edu)
Wed Feb 24 12:55:17 EST 2010

For several years, we have been working on a project to provide
comprehensive coverage of the X chromosome with Y-linked duplications.
We have now placed the first 115 duplication stocks from the project
into the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center collection.  These
duplications cover ~40% of the X chromosome and are arranged in nested
sets so that you can use duplications to map X-linked mutations to
small, molecularly defined chromosomal intervals. A list of the new
stocks is provided at
http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/Browse/dp/BDSC-Dps.php and an overview
of the project is presented at
http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/Browse/dp/Dp_overview.htm.