[Drosophila] SL2 or Kc transfection

Dr. Arindam Basu via dros%40net.bio.net (by aribasu from mail.med.upenn.edu)
Tue Oct 13 14:01:56 EST 2009

Dear All,
    I am trying to test some putative fly promoter regions using luciferase assays. My transcription factors are in pcDNA3.1.
   I saw some regulation of the promoters by the factors initially but when I tried to repeat them, its not working. The initial results were quite convincing.
      Now there seems to be no or wacky effect of the factors on the same promoters. Is there any specific reason which might be the cause for this negative result.
   Or its impossible to get expression from pCDNA3.1 vectors in fly cell lines.

Any input in this matter will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much
Arindam