[Drosophila] picospritzer

sandra schulze via dros%40net.bio.net (by heterochromatic from gmail.com)
Tue Feb 19 14:16:19 EST 2008

Hello all in Fly land...

I am writing a budget for a grant (bone crushing futility etc but make
believe is fun) and need a picospritzer. Or some facsimile thereof.
Ie., something that has been tried and tested for the delivery of
small quantities of DNA into the butt ends of fly embryos. So in the
course of looking for the company that makes the picospritzer
(technically the Picospritzer III) I can only find a joint operating
from the UK. Seems to me there should be a branch/company/etc more
local? i.,e mainland US?  Bottom line is i need a quote from a
company, so here is my question:

-does anyone know how to contact said company that makes these things?
Please give me the email/address/contact?

-does anyone have an alternative? I will welcome advice from those
among you with very strong arms using syringes, and i will surely try,
but would prefer a machine like a picospritzer - any suggestions?
Together with company names/contacts etc.

Grant is due 25 Feb.

Many thanks,

Sandra