[Drosophila] FlyMine version 11.0 released

Hilde Janssens via dros%40net.bio.net (by hilde from flymine.org)
Fri Feb 8 06:13:59 EST 2008

We have released version 11.0 of FlyMine.

The D. melanogaster genome has been updated to release 5.5 from FlyBase,
expression data related to Tiffin motifs have been added and many other
data sources are updated. We have also added new widgets and improved
menus on results and list analysis pages.

We have changed the way we present orthologue data from InParanoid to
make it simpler and more obvious. Orthologues and Paralogues now appear
in a single Homologue class which has a type of 'orthologue' or
'inParalogue', we no longer use the terms 'main' and 'secondary'. We
have also added an orthologue conversion section to analysis pages of
gene lists.

For a list of all changes see http://www.flymine.org/release-notes.shtml
For a full list of data sources see
www.flymine.org/release-11.0/dataCategories.do
For all types of feedback email support from flymine.org

The FlyMine Team

- About FlyMine -
FlyMine is an integrated database of genomic, expression and protein
data from Drosophila, Anopheles and C. elegans.  As an integrated
resource it is possible to run data mining queries that span domains of
biological knowledge. FlyMine is a freely available resource funded by
The Wellcome Trust.