[Drosophila] STRONGER Glass Drosophila vials

Howard Rundle via dros%40net.bio.net (by hrundle At uottawa.ca)
Tue Jan 23 12:01:06 EST 2007

Hi,

=20

I am trying to find a source to purchase some thicker-wall, stronger, =
glass Drosophila vials. These are the standard (8 dram) =91shell=92 =
vials used to raise Drosophila, but thicker-walled, and thus stronger. =
We have some very old ones lying around from an unknown source (they =
have a lip around the opening that may also add strength). We use then =
in manipulating flies in the absence of anesthesia, and they work great =
for tasks that the standard glass vials cannot do because they break.

=20

Does anyone know where we might find such vials?

=20

Any leads would be much appreciated.

=20

Best,

Howard

=20

Howard D. Rundle
Assistant Professor - Professeur adjoint
Canada Research Chair - Chaire de recherche du Canada
Department of Biology - D=E9partement de biologie
University of Ottawa =96 Universit=E9 d'Ottawa
30 Marie-Curie (277 Gendron)
Ottawa, Ontario,  K1N 6N5, CANADA

Office: +1 613-562-5800 x2835; Fax: +1 613-562-5486; Lab: +1 =
613-562-5800 =D76837

Email: hrundle At uottawa.ca; Skype: howarddrundle

http://www.science.uottawa.ca/~hrund050/

=20