[Drosophila] washable markers for glass vials/bottles

Howard Rundle via dros%40net.bio.net (by hrundle from uottawa.ca)
Tue Apr 17 20:15:30 EST 2007

Hi,

We are using glass vials and bottles for our fly stocks but are having trouble finding a marker permanent enough to be reliable for labeling vials/bottles but that also comes off in the dishwasher. Does anyone have any recommendations about brands/colours of markers, and/or techniques for easy removal (we wash hundreds of vials/week and cannot be wiping the marker off each vial using alcohol).

Many thanks!

Howard

Howard D. Rundle
Assistant Professor - Professeur adjoint
Canada Research Chair - Chaire de recherche du Canada
Department of Biology - Département de biologie
University of Ottawa - Université d'Ottawa
30 Marie-Curie (277 Gendron)
Ottawa, Ontario,  K1N 6N5, CANADA

T: +1 613-562-5800 x2835; F: +1 613-562-5486
Email: hrundle from uottawa.ca; Skype: howarddrundle
http://www.science.uottawa.ca/~hrund050/