Hello. My daughter is working with D. melanogaster
for the third year for a science fair project.
Beginning about 4 to 6 weeks ago about half of the new
cultures we made die within a few days. We are using
a commercial media from Conn Valley Biological Supply.
The affected cultures have a tan colored, mucoid
substance on the surface of the media. They also have
a terrible odor. The media has mold inhibitors so we
suspect a bacterial contaminant. We submitted
cultures for bacterial identification, but the results
are not in yet. Any thoughts on what might cause this
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around