[Drosophila] Search for a fruit fly stock

Mueller, Miriam Miriam.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Dec 13 02:53:39 EST 2005

Miriam Müller

Department of Biology / Chemistry

Division of Animal Physiology

University of Osnabrück

Dear Drosophila Discussion Groupe,

I'm working with malpighian tubules of Drosophila melanogaster and I'm in trouble with auto-fluorescense. I heard of a fruit fly stock, that is not able to assimilate uric acid crystals, therefore no auto-fluorescense should appear. Unfortunately I do not know any name or number of the stock. May be somebody could help me to find out which one it is and tell me where I can order it.

Sincerely yours,

Miriam Müller