IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Import permits for Drosophila entering the U.S.

Kevin Cook kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Wed Apr 13 14:27:20 EST 2005

Dear colleagues,

The U.S. Department of Agriculture now requires import permits for all 
shipments of Drosophila entering the United States from other 
countries.  Different permits are required for importing transgenic and 
non-transgenic flies (though a permit for importing transgenic flies will 
work for both types).  To assist you in preparing your applications, we 
have put together a webpage with partially-completed permit application 
forms.  The webpage may be found at 
http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/import.htm on the Bloomington Stock Center 
website.  Note that the permitting process currently takes 4 to 6 weeks, so 
plan ahead!

Best regards,

Kevin Cook, Ph.D.               Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology           http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu
Jordan Hall 142
Indiana University              812-856-1213
1001 E. Third St.               812-855-2577 (fax)
Bloomington, IN  47405-7005     kcook at bio.indiana.edu 


More information about the Dros mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net