Post-doctoral position available!

Ali Haghighi, Dr pejmun.haghighi at mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 13 09:21:31 EST 2004

A post-doctoral position is available at Mcgill University in Montreal, Canada. I am a new faculty member at the department of Physiology at Mcgill University. I have recently joined McGill after five years of work at UC Berkeley in the Laboratory of Dr. Corey Goodman. My research interest is focused on characterizing and identifying molecules and mechanisms that underlie synaptic development and function at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction by combining genetics and molecular Biology with electropgysiology and Imaging. My laboratory includes over 2500 sqf of lab space with cutting edge imaging and electrophysiological set-ups and molecular biological equipment. We have several exciting projects in the lab includng the role of ubiquitination in regulating synaptic structure and function (Neuron,2004,44:891-905) and the role of BMP signaling in the retrograde control of neurotransmitter release (Neuron,2003, 39:255-267). Ph. D. holders with experience in genetics and molecular biology are encouraged to apply. Please send applications by e-mail to pejmun.haghighi at mcgill.ca. The salaries will be very competitive, and the life style in Montreal will not disappoint you.
---