POST-DOC POSITION AVAILABLE

Mike Taylor TaylorMV at cf.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 13:17:05 EST 2003

I would be grateful if you could post the following information on a
post-doc opportunity.

Dear All,
I am seeking a post-doc to study gene expression during Drosophila
muscle differentiation.  The project is to look at enhancer
organisation and activity in Drosophila muscle genes and will use
microarrays and bioinformatics. It's all aimed towards an
understanding of how one makes a muscle and should turn out to be
very interesting!

Applicants should have, or shortly will have, a PhD in a relevant
research area.  Experience in Drosophila biology, microarrays,
bioinformatics and molecular techniques would be advantageous.  As is
an enthusiasm for muscle biology and/or gene expression.  The
position is suitable as a first post-doc, but is also appropriate for
someone a bit more experienced looking for a stepping stone to
independence.

If you are interested, please email me as soon as possible at
TaylorMV at cf.ac.uk.  Also, if you know of anyone who might be
interested, I would be very grateful if you could draw his/her
attention to the position.  The project is supported by the BBSRC for
3 years.  The start date is 1st April, 2003, but this is flexible.

My lab is housed in the Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff
University, Wales, UK.  The School continues to actively expand
following the appointment to Director of Professor Martin Evans FRS,
who was awarded the Lasker Prize (2001) for his work on ES cells.
The University is situated in the heart of the vibrant city of
Cardiff, which is two hours by train from London, has a wealth of
cultural and sporting attractions, and is surrounded by diverse and
beautiful countryside.

Many thanks,
Mike Taylor PhD.
--