Post-doc position in Fly immunity

Dominique Ferrandon D.Ferrandon at ibmc.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Apr 9 12:16:53 EST 2002

A post-doctoral position is available to work in Strasbourg (France)
on the genetics of innate immunity  in Drosophila. We use large-scale
screens to find mutants that affect the humoral immune response of
Drosophila which is regulated mainly by two NF-kappa B pathways. This
system is extremely helpful to understand the basic mechanisms of
immunity, both in flies and humans. We have started to investigate
the mechanisms by which the fly detects infections.

Our laboratory, headed by Prof. J. Hoffmann, is a large group
consisting of several autonomous teams working on different aspects
of the insect immune response, thus providing a unique setting of
synergies between cell biology, biochemistrys, molecular biology and
genetics.
Interested people can discuss with me at the fly meeting (second talk
of the Immunity and Apoptosis session, in replacement of Julien
Royet).

Dominique Ferrandon
--
                        ******* Dr. Dominique Ferrandon  *******
		  Reponse immunitaire et Developpement des insectes
   		         E-mail : D.Ferrandon at ibmc.u-strasbg.fr