Fwd: Re: Please advise

Thyag S raju_sadasivan at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 12:16:47 EST 2002

Can you help?

Thyag.

>From: Sima Misra <sima at bdgp.lbl.gov>
>To: Thyag S <raju_sadasivan at hotmail.com>
>CC: <flybase-help at morgan.harvard.edu>
>Subject: Re: Please advise
>Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > Hello,
> > I work in Dr. Rolf Bodmer's fly lab at The University of Michigan, Ann
>Arbor
> > and we conduct experiments on the fruit fly (Drosophilia).
> >
> > One of the things we are trying to find out more is whether it is
>possible
> > to record electric signals from the heart of a fly.
> >
> > We have so far been unsuccessful in this, even though we have the
>electrodes
> > and the Amplifiers that seem reasonably correct for this purpose.
> >
> > We would be extremely grateful to anyone who can give us some pointers
>in
> > this direction. This information would be used solely for research
>purposes
> > and would not be made commercially available.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Thyag.
>
>We are available to answer questions about the use of FlyBase services,
>but FlyBase does not have the resources to answer individual scientific
>questions.  If you can't find the information you are looking for in
>FlyBase, we suggest you address appropriate requests to the fly community
>by posting a message to the Drosophila discussion group bionet.drosophila
>(send your message to dros at net.bio.net).
>
>A basic introduction to Drosophila and links to many other Drosophila
>resources can be found at:
>http://www.ceolas.org/fly/
>

>The FlyBase Consortium

THYAGARAJAN SADASIWAN

Office:                                  Residence:

Graduate Student Research Assistant      Appt. # 3;

         Dept. of Bio-Medical Engr.      2155 Cram Palce;

         Biomechanics Laboratory;        Ann Arbor

         2350 Hayward;                   MI- 48105;

         3204 G.G. Brown;

         Univ. of Michigan;

         Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2125;

Tel:1(734)9360368  (O)