Media pulling away from bottles: what's up

George W. Gilchrist kitesci at northnet.org
Sun Oct 10 05:54:51 EST 1999

Several batches of media recently have been pulling away from the bottle
surface and dislodging when I try to shake out my flies. I have a new
technician cooking the food, but the recipe remains the same. Are we not
cooking long enough or too long or ??? Or perhaps this is just a curse of
using plastic bottles (we recently switched over from glass). Thanks for any
hints.
George W. Gilchrist                    kitesci at northnet.org
Kiteflyer and Biologist                Phone:(315) 265-5968
Potsdam, NY 13676                        Fax:(315) 268-2359
kite reviews:   http://web.northnet.org/kitesci/revfaq.html