Where can I find this strain

drdad at ktc.com drdad at ktc.com
Fri Oct 1 16:12:29 EST 1999

Hi!,

I am not very familiar with the world of Drosophila and my technician is
embarking on a Master's thesis project utilizing EMS mutagenesis.  I am
trying to help her out and for the project, she will require virgin
females and was thinking the best way to get them would be to use a strain
with a temperature sensitive mutation allowing her to kill all males.  How
can we find out where to get a strain of this sort?

Or if anyone has a better way of obtaining virgin female flies, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Dr. Felix D. Guerrero
drdad at ktc.com