Where do fruit flies come from?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu
Fri Oct 1 12:00:39 EST 1999

fruit flies have been living with people as long as cats,
dogs, rats, etc., in our neighborhoods on garbage, vineyards,
anywhere they find our rotting vegetables and fruit.

they have a really good sense of smell, over long distances,
and will invite themselves in from the neighborhood to join you
in your meal of decaying fruit.  And they can hitch a ride
home on your groceries from the supermarket.

- don

--
-- d.gilbert--bioinformatics--indiana-u--bloomington-in-47405
-- gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu