beginner

Jodie Dickey's News dickeyjodi at scs.vuw.ac.nz
Fri May 14 00:03:18 EST 1999

Hi I am just a beginner on this site and with Drosophila. Have done a 3pt
cross with mutations sepia eyes, ebony body, and curled wings,  got a map of
e-18.79-cu-7.67-se. and an interference value of negative 1!!!! can someone
explain to me how this interference value can occur apart from if one
crossover promotes the formation of another, there must be other reasons.
also, any reasons apart from experimental error that our map distances would
be so far out from the published ones. had a sample of about 5000 flies.