BDGP Web server down

Sima Misra sima at FRUITFLY.BDGP.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu May 13 12:45:21 EST 1999

The Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project (BDGP) web site, BLAST server, and
databases have been down due to technical problems.  We are trying to
solve these problems as quickly as possible, and apologize for any
inconvenience these problems have caused.

Much of our sequence data is included in GenBank/EMBL, so it can be
accessed from NCBI with Entrez at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/nucleotide.html
or using their BLAST server at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/
If you do an Advanced BLAST search you can choose the organism and set
the database to Drosophila melanogaster.  P element genomic flanking
sequences are not in the main division of GenBank (not in the nr database)
but in the gss division.

Sima Misra
BDGP